cupcake

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Now to Begin...

Now I have the blog, I have the inspiration and the recipes... now I need the tools! I couple weeks ago I went to Michael's and just browsed at all the cake tools and things. They had so many different things; I recognized a lot of it but had never used it before. When I made Braeden's cake I bought the already made frosting in the tubes with tips on them already. When I walked down the cake tools aisle I saw metal tips, plastic tips, kits tips and every kind of tip you can think of. And then there were the bags for to hold the icing, tubes of fondant, coloring to color the fondant and all sorts of different sprinkles. I think the one that I really want to get my hands on is the fondant and the tips with frosting bags. I think I will feel more like a baker when I have worked with them and gain some experience with them.

Fondant
My Mom is walking in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure in September and she needs to raise money. The first thing that I told her that I wanted to do to help was have a bake sale. I am planning on making a pink ribbon cake and then cupcakes with a pink ribbon fondant decoration on top. And of course there is Easter and well, Mother's Day and my Birthday at the end of the may. I know I will make a mother's day cake for my mom, and I know she will share it with me :) and I probably will make my own birthday cake! And Father's Day in June, and Braeden's Birthday in July.... Ok I know I am going a little ahead but I am just so excited to start all of this. So to start out the next post will be all about my Easter cupcakes that I made for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment