cupcake

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Cupcakes!

I did it! And I was able to use the one thing that I have been SO excited to use....FONDANT!!! :) When Easter weekend came I went out to Michael's and even though I wasn't sure what I needed, I didn't care I was so excited!



This picture was my little working station for Fondant. I had fondant, coloring, rolling pin, knives, a bunny stamp, and some paint brushes. I couldn't find a bunny cut out so what I did was (I learned this from watching Georgetown Cupcake) rolled out some fondant and colored a bunny stamp with food coloring markers and cut it out with a butter knife.



Now, this was before I found the markers. I first started with a little experiment and with my inexperience, didn't know where to find the food coloring markers since Michael's didn't have them. I colored the fondant with blue and pink coloring. I thought this was going to work but wasn't really happy with the result. I wanted them to really look like bunnies, and not just a fondant bunny.











 

Although this would have worked I wanted to be able to see the details to the stamp which looked like a really cute bunny character. So although I would have settled for blue and pink bunnies, I figured I would try one more store before I settled. By this time it was late at night when all the stores were closing. So I stopped at A.C. Moore but just as I was walking in they were locking their doors. Boo.... so I figured I would try Walmart. And sure enough they had the markers, but then again doesn't Walmart have everything?

Once I found them and got home it was almost 1030 and I still had to frost them let alone make all new white bunnies, stamp them and cute them out. Once I started it was done and I was on to frosting the cupcakes while the fondant dried. I had gotten a grass tip to make it look like real grass and colored the frosting grass green. It looked so pretty...


These pictures are right when the frosting was just made and he was about to go to bed... I couldn't let him not lick for the first time. He thought it was yummy and wouldn't stop asking for more.

Once the bunnies dried a bit and I got all the cupcakes frosted I was able to put my little creations on and have my finished product! and after 10 hours of work....




I think they turned out great!!!! I brought them to my Mother's where we were celebrating Easter and everyone loved them. My grandpa tried stealing one before dinner but I talked him out of it  :) and of course Braeden LOVED them! Once he finished the one I gave him he asked for more.




We all finished the night cheering on Braeden while he searched for Easter eggs in Meema's basement. It was a great day and start to all of my cupcake and cake creations.








In memory Of Louis Michael Apostolakos May 22, 1922 - December 21, 2010
 






No comments:

Post a Comment