The love that I have for baking and decorating cakes all started when I made my sons birthday cake. Although this was about eight months ago it is still very memorable for me, not only did my baby boy turn a year old but I think it was when I discovered my love for baking and decorating. It all started when I made a promise to myself, that the one way I was going to make my kids birthday special was to bake their own cake every year. It would bring up so many memories and would be something so special for them. And once I got all the stuff for it, it took off from there! The night of Braeden's birthday party I got him in bed and was ready to starting decorating. I already baked the cake in the pan; which by the way was a Elmo face because he loves Elmo! Once he was in bed I got all the things that I needed set it all up and started decorating.
 |
| All of my tools: guide, icing,tips, and of course the cake! |
I was so excited to start it, I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do a very good job. It was my first time, I had never taken any classes and I never once decorated a cake like this before! As much as I was excited... I was nervous! So I start with the mouth, nose, and eyes. They said that you could do fondant but I think I would have been so much more nervous and something would have gone wrong. So I start piping, and as I'm going I start to like it more and more and I realized it was going good I began to get used it and started enjoying it. It's like what Cake Boss says he does when he is piping one of his biggest cakes in his season, "and then things start to change, I forget everything and everything gets quite, and aaaahhh... I'm in my zone. And I could feel the stress coming off my body... and I was good." It was so much fun and a big stress reliever. And once I realized how fun it was... I was hooked! I loved what I created and loved doing it!

I stepped back and look at it and couldn't believe how good I did! I mean it looked like Cake boss made it himself! It looked just like the picture and I couldn't wait for Braeden to see it.
I arrive at my Mom's with the cake and everyone couldn't believe how good it looked. Everyone was asking me where I got and I got to say "I made it!" and they were so proud and thought it was so cool. When it was time to sing Happy Birthday I couldn't wait for Braeden to try it.
 |
| Balloons & the theme for the party |
 |
| first bite & he LOVED it!! |
I can not wait to continue with my promise and see all the cakes that I will be making for my kids. I can't wait to share the pictures from this party with Braeden and tell him that mommy made his first birthday cake. And I hope that I can tell them that THAT very cake is what started the business that makes all those promises that all the those other mommy's make for their kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment